Cauliflower Fried Rice
I was skeptic at first but curious to try this recipe. It was absolutely to die for. I paired it with some vegetarian potato patties and steamed broccoli. It was a delicious lunch idea. Even my 18-month old liked it.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbs sesame oil (more or less for preference)
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (more or less for preference)
- Salt (optional)
- In 2-3 batches, use your food processor to “pulse” the florets. You don’t want to over-pulse it, because you want it to have that grainy-rice texture. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add sesame oil, onion, peas, and carrots in a Wok. Sauté until cooked.
- Add your cauliflower rice to the mix and add your soy sauce – mix and cook over med heat – stirring frequently.
- Salt if you would like, but the soy sauce was enough for me. Your preference!
Note: Recipe was originally found on www.onegreenplanet.org